Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Catching Up


Okay, so I'm not doing so well at this blogging thing...but, it will become a habit eventually and since only three people know I am doing this, I feel no real pressure to write. Anyway, since my last post, we have been pretty busy.

Last Tuesday, me and the four kids met up with my friend and her five kids at a park with a creek and a playground. When we get together, there are 2 nine year olds, a seven year old, 2 five year olds, an almost four year old, 2 three year olds and a one year old. Someone said we could get a group discount wherever we go! We played in the creek first and the older kids caught tiny crawfish! They had so much fun doing this. They walked in the water and had a good time. Then we went to the playground and the kids played and played. After a bit, my friend went and picked up a couple of Little Caesar's pizzas for us to eat. We realized pretty quickly that our group requires three pizzas instead of two. The pizza was gone very quickly and they were all begging for more!
Then, on Wednesday, this same group of people minus one of the five year olds who was with her grandmother, headed to the Children's Discovery Museum downtown. We had a blast! They have a Clifford the Big Red Dog display that all of the kids loved, even the big kids! There was a little store with a cash register and play money in it and they played restaurant and had a good time. There is also a little place where they dig in the sand and find dinosaur bones, which every one enjoyed as well. I knew the younger kids would like it but I was very glad the older ones weren't bored. After the museum, we headed back to our side of town to Chick-Fil-A. Once again, every one seemed to enjoy themselves. The older ones watch the younger ones so my friend and I actually get to talk!
On Friday, DH was off and we took the kids to see Wall-E. It was really cute, although it's more for older kids because my youngest went to sleep and Jude was asking when we were leaving. But, DH and I enjoyed it. Then we went to my Mom's house to grill out and shoot fireworks. It was a lot of fun!
Now, to this week...Monday, we went to the park with my friend and her kids again, plus I had one extra that I was watching for a friend of mine. But it was fun too.
Today, I completely organized one of my pantries! One of them is almost always organized, but the other one was spiraling out of control! It looks so good and I was very proud of myself.
Tonight, I am playing hookey from choir practice. DH was late getting home after getting stuck in a meeting, so I decided just to stay home. Zoe was furious and is right now getting an attitude adjustment from her Daddy. She is very social and can't stand the thought of missing whatever the children's department has planned. So she is getting a stern talking to right now!
Tomorrow is Mom's Day Out, so I get to spend the day with 8 14-20 month year olds!!!

No comments: