Friday, July 11, 2008

Why Am I Up?

So, it's midnight and I am still up and watching Pride & Prejudice (the Joe Wright version) for the millionth time. I didn't get off from work until 11:15 and I just wasn't quite ready to go to bed. Tomorrow is Sebastian's five year old check up which will include his kindergarten shots. And, while he has had shots before, these shots mark the beginning of a new chapter in his life. School age. I will no longer have three preschoolers. I will have two school age children and two preschoolers! And I think he is ready. He recognizes most of his letters and numbers and I think he is emotionally ready. He talks about it all the time and is excited. I think it will be harder on Jude than anyone else. And how in the world did my first born son get old enough to go to school? My "Mister Man", the one who gives out the most hugs and I love yous without any prompting? Who has such an imagination that he is constantly making up stories about his "Grampa" who is a ficticious person? I'm so excited to see him develop into a little person instead of a preschooler. I can't wait to see what God has in store for him. He is a very compassionate child while still remaining 100% boy! He loves Power Rangers and Incredible Hulk but can be seen singing and dancing to High School Musical and Hairspray. He brings me such joy and holds my heart in a very special way. When I look at him, I am overwhelmed at the blessings God has brought in my life. Unbelievable...

No comments: