Saturday, July 12, 2008

Doctor's Appointment and Dinner

I took Sebastian to his five year appointment. He did really well considering the whole experience. He weighs 41 pounds and is 3 feet 7 inches tall. So he is tall and skinny, just as we thought. The doctor checked him over, pronounced him healthy mentally and physically and told me what to do with the poop issues we have. He suggested a reward system where the reward is time alone with a parent doing something special. So we'll try that as well. But, he did say we were handling the issues exactly the way we should be handling them. Then, Sebastian had to get four shots! I try to space out immunizations when they are really little so they are all technically behind and then I catch them up before they go to school. So, he was not happy about that at all. Then we headed to the lab (at the same office) to get his finger pricked for blood work. That went over like a lead balloon. I had all four kids with me, and while they behaved well, it was such a zoo. And Sebastian was personally offended that anyone would give him shots or stick his finger. Then we went to the bathroom so he could pee in a cup. By this time, he was having none of it and refusing to pee. I wound up getting Zoe to pee in the potty while I held the cup for Sebastian to pee in. Meanwhile, Jude was crying because he wanted to pee in a cup. But, I finally got the sample and we were able to leave with everyone still alive and, by that time, not crying. He was a very brave boy and was fine by the time we got to the car.
Last night was Parents Night Out at church, so we used the opportunity to go to Carrabba's and eat with our friends. It was so much fun and the food was so so good. A friend of ours is head of the kitchen there, so he gave us two appetizers and a dessert! Oh, it was so yummy. Fried zucchini and scallops in a delicious sauce and a cake with bananas and strawberries on it. Oh so good! For my meal, I had a fettucini alfredo with mushrooms and shrimp! Then we headed to Books-a-Million and looked at books and talked until it was time to get the kids. We had a great time and a much needed break. So much fun!!

2 comments:

Christine @ Live to Learn said...

Ok, just to clarify, Sebastian peed in his own cup right?
Cause I don't think it would be ok for Zoe to have peed for Sebastian! :) I know how helpful she can be but still.

Jenn M said...

Yes, Zoe went in the potty while I held the cup for Sebastian. Hearing her peeing made him pee.