Sunday, July 13, 2008

Blueberry Picking

We went blueberry picking yesterday, with our friends and we had a good time. Annabelle got hot pretty quickly and lost interest really fast, but all in all, we had a good time. We picked for a little over and hour and we got about a gallon of blueberries and blackberries. Now I just have to figure out some neat things to do with blueberries. I'm excited because I love to bake new things. Anyway, it was something different and fun and we entertained 6 people for almost two hours for six dollars! Can't beat that!
So, DH and I are leaving on Thursday for our trip to Dallas! Well, we're driving to Clarksville to fly out of Nashville on Friday morning. I am very excited, but also a little nervous about leaving the kids. My Mom is leaving for a cruise on Saturday, so we have friends keeping the kids. Zoe is going to her friend, Meg's house, the boys are staying with their friend Jake and Annabelle is going to Lily's. I hope they all do okay. We will get Zoe and the boys back late on Sunday night and get Annabelle on Monday morning. We are going to DH's cousin's wedding and it will be so much fun to go without any children! I really need a break too so I am definitely looking forward to some time alone with DH. It's going to be a very fun mini vacation. I can't wait, but I have so much to do before we get to leave. The laundry is endless and cleaning the house and boarding the dog and...well, you get the idea. Plus packing to go to four different places...But, I know that once I get on the plane on Friday morning, it will be so worth it!

1 comment:

Christine @ Live to Learn said...

Actually, seeing as how Annabelle doesn't mind wearing Lily's clothes, you could probably sen dher blanket and some sweetener and we'd be set! I'm not kidding either, I seem to have to do laundry often anyway.