Saturday, July 26, 2008

Counting Steps

Every now and then, certain things come to my attention of weird habits I have or quirky things I do. One of those things is that I tend to count the steps any time I have to climb or descend a flight of stairs. Why do I do this? It all started when I was pregnant with Annabelle and I was having to climb stairs usually carrying at least one other child. In our other house, there were ten stairs from downstairs to upstairs. It was not unusual for me to be coming down the stairs with at least one other toddler in tow and since I couldn't see the stairs because of my ever expanding belly, I would count them so I knew when I got to the bottom. I would also count the steps in the church where I worked (there are seven steps from the preschool building to the gym area) or my mother's house in Memphis (this one had fifteen steps). And, now, even though I am two and a half years removed from being pregnant, I still finding myself doing it. (There are fifteen steps in my house now and four steps from the front porch to the front walk)
Other quirky things about me...let's see...I cannot stand to put syrup on anything. I don't like the soggy mess it makes! So, if I am eating waffles, pancakes, or french toast, I always have a separate bowl for the syrup and dip it in there. Yes, it dirties another dish, but it has to be done. Still along the food lines, I also do not like ketchup at all. On anything! I will not eat a burger if it accidentally has ketchup on it. Since having kids, I'm at least not nauseated by the smell of it anymore, but still...
Let's see...anything else? I can't think of anything else...but, I'm sure there's more.

1 comment:

Christine @ Live to Learn said...

Oh, Oh, I know, you can't stand peppermint! How could you forget that one? :)
Christine @ Live to Learn