Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Coolidge Park and the Kindergarten Packet

Yesterday, it was so beautiful outside that I decided on the spur of the moment to take the kids to Coolidge Park. We had so much fun! Coolidge Park has big water fountains that shoot up from the ground and the kids love it. Annabelle even had fun. She's not big on the water, but she walks around the perimeter of it and just entertains herself. We packed a picnic lunch and that's the beauty of Coolidge Park-we had a blast and spent $1 for parking! You can't beat that! Everyone had fun. We were there about two hours and it was great. It was just too pretty of a day to stay inside.
Then, on the way home, we stopped by the school to pick up the Kindergarten registration packet. I still can't believe it. I'm very emotional about it if I stop to think about it at all. I try to picture him in the cafeteria line, walking by himself (yes, I realize his big sister will go in with him, but still) and I just can't imagine it. I know he's ready and he talks about it all the time, but I just can't believe it. We were supposed to register in May, but the only announcement of it that they do is by posting it on the sign outside the school. Well, our neighbor takes Zoe to school and she rides the bus home (she gets dropped off in our driveway and we live less than a mile from the school) so I don't ever go by the school! So we missed that day, so I am just now getting the information. It had his supply list in it, which just made me smile. And a calendar for the next year. School for Zoe starts Tuesday, August 12 and they do phase in for kindergarteners. Which means, he goes one day that week, one day the next week and his first full week is August 25.
Now, I am off to finish laundry getting ready to pack and go to Dallas! I'm so excited. I think we are also going to have lunch with my mom since she is leaving for a cruise on Saturday and she'll be gone for a week. I'm pretty jealous of that. DH and I have talked about going to a Sandals resort next year maybe. A couples only resort! How fun would that be? It would require some definite weight loss on my part. This morning, all the kids and I did walk around the neighborhood. Which, may not sound like a big deal, but if you've ever seen my neighborhood, you'd understand. It has huge hills and by the time we got back, we were all tired. We put Jude and Annabelle in the double stroller and Sebastian walked. Zoe pushed the stroller most of the time and Jude eventually got out and walked with us. So everyone got a workout! If I could do that most days, I would probably lose weight!

No comments: