Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Shower

On Saturday, we had a shower for my friend, Christine , and we had so much fun. It was a "green" shower, so she asked everyone to bring either homemade, reused or recycled gifts. It was neat. I made the cake with baby blue recycle symbols on it, plus blue little baby booties and then wooden blocks with his initials on them. I could only find "ABC" blocks, so I bought plain blocks and painted them myself. I was pleased with how it turned out.

Then, for her gift, I made her this plaque with a Bible verse on it. This wasn't an original idea either, but I got the idea from another blog I read of a an extremely creative girl. Her mother-in-law and my mother are best friends and her name is also Jennifer. She has a lot of neat crafting ideas and has inspired me to be a little more crafty. Needless to say, I think this really surprised Christine since I never make anything that isn't edible!We had a great time at the shower and I hope that it made Christine feel special and know how excited we all are about Joshua!!

No comments: