Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Today's ramblings

Well, today I took the kids school supply shopping. It was so much fun! I love school supply shopping. New pencils, pens, pencil boxes, markers, crayons, etc. So much fun! Sebastian wasn't completely sure why we were doing it, but finally, when we got home, he said, "I'm going to kindergarten! You know where kindergarten is, Jude? It's Zoe's school - BIG school!" At least he was listening. He's excited, thank goodness. For awhile, when you asked him if he was going to school, he'd say NO! So, we've made some progress.
Then we went by his doctor's office to pick up the official shot record for school so he is now completely registered for kindergarten! I still can't believe it.
On the subject of things I cannot believe...we celebrated Jude's 4th birthday tonight! His birthday is not actually until Sunday, but Adam and I will be traveling back from Texas, so we did it tonight. We took the kids to Chick-Fil-A (Jude's favorite "restaurant") and then to Target and let him pick out his own birthday presents. We had already bought him a Nintendo DS, so we just let him pick out a few toys and he was happy. Then we came home and gave him the DS and he was so surprised and excited!
So tomorrow, Adam and I leave for Texas until Sunday. I will write about my memories of Jude's birth and the trip when I get back. I can't wait!!

No comments: