Sunday, July 13, 2008

Movies

Okay, so I love movies. Just about any kind of movies! And we watch a lot of movies. We Netflix, so I love how they just appear in my mailbox and I don't have to worry about taking them back. So I thought I would write about some of my favorite movies...
I am a big Joe Wright (the director) fan, so I love his Pride and Prejudice and Atonement. In Pride and Prejudice, I love the landscape shots where you see the beautiful land at dawn and how you can hear Elizabeth Bennett's small gasp when she sees him coming across the moor. And how Mr. Darcy is so confused how to act when he is around her. I think it is beautifully shot and the simple piano music that is played throughout the movie is so pretty.
I know Atonement doesn't have a happy ending, and while I normally only like movies where everything works out, I really liked this movie. James McAvoy is so good in this movie. I like the way it's all told from Briony's viewpoint even to the very end. I love the intense scene with Robbie, Briony and Celcilia where only Celcilia's love can bring Robbie back to reality. So powerful. And, I love how Joe Wright strategically uses the color red and has it placed in scenes where it's stark contrast is unmistakable. So good.
Those are my two movies that I watch over and over again and never get tired of them.

No comments: