Monday, April 27, 2009

Another Annabelle Funny

So at my house, the three oldest kids play soccer. I have a "You must be at least 4 years old to play an organized sport" rule at my house. So the other day, I was cleaning the kitchen and I hadn't seen Annabelle in a little bit so I called out to her and asked her what she was doing. She replied, "Getting ready for soccer." I thought nothing of it because she is always putting on the other kiddos cleats and stuff. She comes out and says, "I put my shin guard on!" She was very proud. Here's what I saw...


Okay...I need a closer look...can't really tell exactly what that is...

Yep, it was a Maxi pad! Not to worry, it was a new one, but still...Zoe, of course, said, "Annabelle, that's not a shin guard!" Annabelle said, "Well, what is it then?" Zoe looked at me like what do I tell the three year old? I waited to see what Zoe would tell her. "Um, yep, it's a shin guard!"

3 comments:

Charity said...

Oh that is great. I love how Zoe handled it (probably better than I would have.) Why is it that every mama has a story like that? My boys put them on the bottom of their feet & were "sliding" around the kitchen floor. They make great skates if you ever need a break from the norm!!!!!!!

Denton party of 5 said...

that is perfect! abigail used them as a cast when she was pretending she broke her arm. i was mortified when it happened (in front of the pastor's perfect wife who raised two perfect children) but now it is hilarious!

jennifer said...

I love it! Too funny!